Mountain Top Members
People Who have been published to help protect our public lands
how to write a letter to the editor
- Pick one issue that resonates with you.
- Write your letter to connect with something timely, such as an article or a recent piece of legislation.
- Respond to a specific article within 2 days of its publication if possible.
- Write from a local perspective, showing how the issue could affect others in the community.
- Make your letter personal and write from your own experience.
- Write with passion, but keep it short.
- Keep things positive.
- Include your name and contact information.